Alison Richard Building based proposals only
Exhibition proposals are invited from academics, researchers, staff and conference organisers, wishing to install an exhibition in conjunction with a research project, conference, departmental or centre event based in the ARB. Proposals for Cambridge University Festivals are also welcome.
TYPES OF WORK SUITABLE FOR THE EXHIBITION SPACE:
The ARB is suitable for work that is ready to be hung using our existing hanging rail system or can be placed on plinths and in display cabinets on the ground floor. Due to the nature of the building we are not able to display installation work, freestanding sculptures, or play video and sound pieces in our regular exhibition programme.
For further details about the exhibition space go to The Exhibition Space.
PROPOSALS FOR EXHIBITIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED AT THE EARLIEST TIME POSSIBLE. DUE TO OUR PROGRAMMING SCHEDULE, WE CAN’T GUARANTEE THAT THE EXHIBITION SPACE WILL BE AVAILABLE.
THE INITIAL PROPOSAL SHOULD INCLUDE:
- Approximate start date and duration of the exhibition
- Location within the ARB
- Outline of the exhibition and it’s context
- Images of actual exhibits to be shown where possible
- Equipment requirements
- Material expenses, travel and transport costs, insurance, and the installation of exhibits are the responsibility of the organisers
- The art committee will help promote the exhibition via mailing lists and social media
- Applications should be combined into one PDF document and submitted by email to Judith Weik.