Applications are closed
Please read this section carefully before filling in the submission form below.
Exhibition proposals are invited from artists and curators. We are looking to support innovative curatorial ideas for exhibition projects, which will foster discussion and engage members of the University and the public alike. Exhibitions will generally extend for a minimum of 4 weeks, including installation, and can be launched with a Private View. Before submitting a proposal, please check whether your work is suitable for our space.
Please note: The ARB is a large space over four floors and we like to utilise all of it where possible. With this in mind, we encourage applications for exhibitions of two artists or more. If you wish to apply for a solo exhibition, we ask that you propose enough works to at least fill the ground and first floors.
Types of work suitable for the exhibition space:
The ARB is suitable for work that is ready to be hung using our existing hanging rail system or can be placed on plinths and in display cabinets on the ground floor. We are not able to add any fixtures to the walls for heavy objects/screens. Due to the nature of the building, we are not able to display installation work or free-standing/hanging work or sculptures. We have one wall-mounted screen available for video works and film. When writing a proposal please take into consideration that the Alison Richard Building is not a dedicated gallery but a diverse place of study and work and that artworks deemed too explicit or offensive to some building users will not be selected. For further details about the exhibition space please go to The Exhibition Space.
Terms and conditions:
- There is no charge for the exhibition space.
- There is no commission on sales, all proceeds go to the artists.
- The ARB art committee will publicise the exhibition via events listings, mailing lists, social media and flyers.
- The art committee will cover the cost of the Private View.
- Material expenses, travel, transport and installation costs are the responsibility of the exhibitors.
- Artists are expected to assist with the installation of their exhibition, we do not have technicians available to hang work.
- Insurance of works during transit and for the duration of exhibitions, as well as liability insurance, are the responsibility of the exhibitors.
- The art committee reserves the right to allocate space to artists for shared exhibitions.
- The art committee reserves the right not to show or remove works that are deemed unsuitable by the users of the building.
- The art committee reserves the right to cancel exhibitions at any time.
- You can contact the committee via email: email@example.com
- The art committee is run and funded locally in the Alison Richard Building. The University does not fund it and we do not have access to dedicated technicians.
- The ARB art committee is run by volunteers who work full-time in departments in the Alison Richard Building, their time is limited.
- Events other than the Private View cannot be funded or organised by the art committee, however, we can offer a free venue in the ARB, some publicity and AV support on the day.