Please note that we are fully booked for 2020. The deadline for exhibitions in 2021 is 31 March 2020.
Exhibition proposals are invited from artists and curators. We are looking to support innovative curatorial ideas for exhibition projects, which will foster discussion and engage members of the University and the public alike. Exhibitions will generally extend for a minimum of 4 weeks, including installation, and can be launched with a Private View. Before submitting a proposal, please check whether your work is suitable for our space.
We welcome applications for short exhibitions in connection with conferences held at CRASSH. Please note that such exhibitions need to be funded through the conference budget.
Types of work suitable for the exhibition space:
The ARB is suitable for work that is ready to be hung using our existing hanging rail system or can be placed on plinths and in display cabinets on the ground floor. Due to the nature of the building we are not able to display installation work or delicate free-standing sculptures. We have one wall-mounted screen available for video works. When writing a proposal please take into consideration that the Alison Richard Building is a diverse place of study and work and that artworks deemed too explicit or offensive to some building users will not be selected. For further details about the exhibition space please go to The Exhibition Space.
Proposals should include:
- A full list of artists
- An outline of the idea for the exhibition and a working title
- Fully labelled images of works which are to be exhibited or which are representative of the work of the artists
- Website addresses of the artists
- There is no charge for the exhibition space
- There is no commission on sales, all proceeds go to the artists
- The ARB art committee will publicise the exhibition via events listings, mailing lists, social media and flyers
- The art committee will cover the cost of the Private View
- Material expenses, travel, transport and installation costs are the responsibility of the exhibitors
- Insurance of works during transit and for the duration of exhibitions, as well as liability insurance, are the responsibility of the exhibitors
- The art committee reserves the right to allocate space to artists for shared exhibitions
- The art committee reserves the right to not exhibit works that are deemed unsuitable by the users of the building
- The art committee reserves the right to cancel exhibitions at any time
- You can contact the committee via email: email@example.com or via phone: 01223 747 471 (ask for Judith)
- Exhibitors are required to install and de-install their exhibitions
- The ARB art committee is run by volunteers who work full-time in departments in the Alison Richard Building, their time is limited
- The art committee operates on a modest budget and does not have dedicated technicians
- Events other than the Private View cannot be funded or organised by the art committee, however, we can offer a free venue in the ARB, publicity and AV support on the day
Applications have to be submitted on a single PDF or Word document (including images) and submitted by email or WeTransfer to Judith Weik (firstname.lastname@example.org). Proposals containing multiple email attachments may be rejected.